Saturday, January 12, 2008

You Cannot Be Found

Tweet This Post
When I was a teenager, I hung on my wall a banner that read..."You cannot be found, if you were never lost."
I had forgotten all about this until I started digging through some old memory books over the holidays.
Although, at the time I thought I was that person...the one that was never lost. In triumph I hung the words over my bed as a daily remember of how not lost I was.
But in fact, I was lost...and wouldn't find my self for decades.

3 comments:

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

You may have taken your time to find yourself, Allyn, but you did a monumentally fine job once you did. Such talents.

Having said that, give yourself another twenty years and you may feel as if you found yourself anew. That's one reason those of us in the boomer and beyond generation say we wouldn't trade what we have for youth.

Very best,
Carolyn Howard-Johnson
Award-winning author of This Is the Place, www.carolynhoward-johnson.com or www.authorsden.com/carolynhowardjohnson

Anonymous said...

Allyn, I must agree with Carolyn - you sure don't act lost these days, and I think your frequent demonstrations showing us who-you-are serve as a beacon for many.
Kathe
P.S.
YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!!! To find out what I'm talking about, visit http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK1YOV9TAZFNDE2 and read the blog "I've Been Me-Me'd!!"

hehehe

Anonymous said...

There’s a new game sweeping the internet. It’s called MeMe’d. I’ve tagged YOU and linked to your blog from my blog, Crazy Online Romance. Here are the rules of the game. I hope you play along. :) Epstein LaRue, Author of Romance and Nursing...
http://crazyonlineromance.blogspot.com/


The Rules of MeMe’d: Link to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.