Monday, October 15, 2007

Take Off Diverted

Tweet This Post
I’m ready to confess I’ve been in a long holding pattern.

While in this place, I have read many books and spent hours thinking about what’s next for me and for the organization.

AND NOW FOR THE REST OF THE STORY…

I’ve found yet another Maria Nemeth’s book. The title is: "Mastering Life’s Energies: Simple Steps to a Luminous Life at Work and Play". BTW, I love her work so much I’m considering taking her training/certification classes starting early in 2008.

In the book she asks us, “Are you willing to live your life with clarity, focus, ease and grace?” Do I see a showing of hands? My hand is up. Yes. Yes. Yes. That’s my plan. For the most part, since writing my first book, I have created an easy life for myself.

Check off ease. But what about the other three?

Let’s take clarity—something I haven’t had for about nine months. Actually, I relate the “derailing” to my juror experience. If you are curious, click on the URL below:
That’s when the fog rolled in. Living in fog made me do some bad things (got to blame something or somebody besides me, right?). Being confused meant I made commitments I couldn’t keep. I found myself doing something I rarely did in the past. I broke promises. More times than not, what I thought was a new direction was a step off course. I corrected and adjusted, saying I'm sorry as I plodded along, but still I couldn’t ‘see’. Maria calls it “driving in the fog”.

I continued on anyway trusting something that Maria also says, “When you see clearly what is before you, you will know in your heart what to do.”

I stopped making promises. Obviously, I wasn’t in the right frame of mind to make commitments. When you are “driving in fog,” you can be misled by invitations that seem exciting, lucrative or safe simply because when fog sets in your intuitive abilities usually diminish. You go after things for “obvious” reasons and use logic to explain why you are doing something. Using this method gets you do crazy things like: fall for the “get-rich-quick” scheme, “take-the-full-time-position-because-at-least-you’ll-have-money-even-if-you-hate-it” job, or “you-are-crazy-not-to-do-this-because-you-will-miss-out-on-the-gravy-train” opportunity. While “driving in fog” you are more likely to make bad choices. Period. The End. If you are “driving in fog”, it’s time to cease and desist embarking on new endeavors until clarity returns.

How do you solve the “not-seeing-clearly” problem? Maybe I’m not the best person to ask. :) It took me months to overcome the recent storm. But this storm was different. This time I was not tortured by my old fears of the past like:
1. Can I make or create something?
2. What am I supposed to do with my life?
3. How will I earn enough to eat?

Those are issues, I have mastered and overcome. If you are still hanging around in that territory, it’s okay. You can learn to overcome too. Read my first book. I suggest my book because that’s how I turned my life around. I can only advise you from my own experience. The material I wrote about in the book changed my life. (http://www.allynevans.com/books.html).

Then check out other recommending reads (http://queenpower.com/recommended.html)
on our list. If you don't want to buy any of the books, that's okay. Ask your librarian to order them (if they are not in stock at your library). This ways others will benefit too and it doesn't cost you a dime.

Of course, you’ll need to add Maria’s latest book: "Mastering Life Energies" to the list.

BACK TO THE STORY…
This time, my visibility problems didn’t cause me troubles or sadness. Throughout, I felt content. On the other hand, I felt frustrated by my lack of clarity. I knew eventually the fog would lift. What did I do while waiting? I focused on “present moment” living. And in my spare time I read books. I searched for answers and teachers.
And one day the fog lifted. The day was September 21, 2007.

Now I need time to gather my thoughts because I’m about to be off and running! Hate to leave you hanging, but as you might have noticed...the fog just lifted a few days ago!

More later…

Royal blessings and reign on,

Allyn Evans
http://www.allynevans.com/

Check out Nicole’s most recent blog about doing things that make you happy. http://www.myjourneytothequeendom.blogspot.com/.

P.S. If you want to check out my Amazon Short about my juror experience—you know the experience that kicked off the downward spiral—feel free to do so. They cost 49 cents. I’ve enjoyed reading some of the stories by other Amazon Short authors. It’s a wide offering of fiction and nonfiction. Plus you can’t beat the price!

Here’s the link, if you are interested. I’ve been told by reviewers that it is also a good lesson for parents and children.
http://www.amazon.com/Ordinary-People-Perform-Unthinkable-Acts/dp/B000PAU32U/

No comments: