Wednesday, November 1, 2006

About Live A Powerful Life!

Tweet This Post
QueenPower has had a facelift!

We'd love you to subscribe to our blog for our almost weekly messages about living happily ever after today. We still have our subscription list for the ezine too. So if you'd rather send your email directly to me, that will work too. BTW, we never share email addresses with anyone!

Here you'll find information, inspiration and support.

Don't forget, we love to hear from you! So please send emails or post comments.

About Me!

Wife, Mother, Daughter
Author, Speaker, Columnist
Sister, Friend

My first book -Live a Powerful Life: How to Move from People Pleaser and Good Little Girl to Conscious Queen
My second book - Helping Your Daughter Live a Powerful Life is expected to be released in 2010.
Allyn Evans
P.S. If you want to pre-order Helping Your Daughter Live a Powerful Life, I'll be happy to send you notification. Please send an email! Write pre-order in the subject line.

Recommended Reading List

Of course, I list my first book formerly titled: Grab the Queen Power: Live Your Best Life! Although the book has a new cover and title, the content for the most part is the same. (Live a Powerful Life).

That's the book that started everything for me. All the other books listed are included only for their value to me and other queens. We're not selling them. But we do provide a link that will direct you to Amazon.com, which means if you purchase from Amazon.com, we will benefit.

We want to encourage you to purchase books at their full price from the vendor of your choice...because we understand how important this is for the author.

However, more importantly, we want you to read the books.

The good news is that most of these titles will be available at your local library. And if not, many bookstores, including Amazon, now sell used books.

We are only listing books we recommend. You'll find our recommended reading list below.

Here's the rest of our list!

Barbara Sher's book Wishcraft: How to Get What You Really Want is the first nonfiction book I read that opened my mind to the idea I could "create" the life I wanted. There are many,many great books on the market now with a similar message, but I can only recommend Barbara's book.

I found Viktor Frankl's book, Man's Search for Meaning,when I was trying to understand the concept of purpose and meaning. Frankl is a Holocaust survivor. The book is not easy to read because of this. However, the message is powerful.

I started dream work early in my life (in my 20's). When beginning, I discovered Episcopal Priest Morton Kelsey. He's written numerous books on the subject. I recommend beginning with: Dreams: A Way to Listen to God. I also encourage you to work with your dreams. As an aside, I love helping people solve their own dream riddles and would welcome helping you as well.

Maria Nemeth's book, Mastering Life's Energies: Simple Steps to a Luminous Life at Work and Play, is an excellent book for someone trying to make things happen in the physical world. She takes you through the process we go through to birth a project, change our lives or start a business and helps you understand how to not be your own worst enemy.

One of my favorite teachers is Caroline Myss. Although I don't always agree with her opinions, I value her perspective on many subjects. I have read most of her books and recommend them all. The two listed are my favorites: Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential and Entering the Castle: Finding the Inner Path to God and Your Soul's Purpose. The first book is an intensive read that requires study to fully gain the benefit.

A great book for someone birthing a creative project is Stephen Pressfield's The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative BattlesFYI. It's better than you think and even if you don't think you have blocks (ahem, that was my initial reaction), I highly recommend it.

Want an entertaining, but meaningful read? You'll enjoy reading this book. Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia.

Anne Lamont writes book that make you think. One of my favorite Lamont books is: Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith.She was a mess! And she lets you know it. Entertaining and insightful.

This recommendation is more about the title and concept of the book. To be honest, I didn't finish reading it. But, I love what the title tells us. Yes...There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem.There truly is.

We will be adding books as they are remembered or read. Enjoy...and happy reading.

http://www.allynevans.com/
info at allynevans.com

No comments: